I am Funmbi Omotayo and I’m a comedian. My comedy show ‘Legal Immigrant’ is a journey of discovery – it’s about me, trying to find out where I belong, if I belong anywhere.
What is the first thing people notice about you?
It’s usually my smile, even when I’m on stage. It’s the funniest thing, people always say they warm up to me straight away, and can relax around me. But I’m from Hackney, I’m meant to have edge!
6 things you can’t live without during the Fringe?
- Breakfast – definitely.
- My phone – so I can contact my family and let them know I’m still alive.
- The hotdog and burger kiosks.
- My music – there’s a lot of walking around, so it’s good to have my music.
- Bumping into other comedians and realising everyone’s in the same boat and feeling the same.
- Football – it’s the start of the season so I have to know what’s going on.
Who are your Edinburgh Fringe Crushes this year?
I’m really looking forward to seeing people who are doing their first Edinburgh hour this year.
Your darkest Fringe secret?
I did indulge in a lot of deep fried Mars bars last year.